‘Write’ approach







So many thoughts sparkle in our minds every
day. From the blossoming flowers to the twinkling stars, our minds
contemplate everything. But how demanding does the process of expressing
these thoughts become!

There are several means of expression and the best, according to me, is writing.

One
can write about almost anything in the universe. All you need to do is
gather the ideas and pen them down.

One
of the myths about writing that many of us have become victim of is
that we need to have planned out our writing, to plan what exactly do we
want to write, before hammering out the words on a keyboard. Nothing
could be less true.

While writing, one needs to speak their heart
out. Write something your readers could relate themselves to. How many
times did I force myself to write something I wasn’t actually willing
to? Countless. Never was I successful. I knew that I wouldn’t be, as I
did not give the best of my efforts to it. And successful works are an
output of utmost exertion, aren’t they?

A few of us are reluctant
to write as they believe that they wouldn’t write a perfect piece. I
wish they could name “one person” on the planet who produced best work
at his first attempt. Whoever coined the phrase, “Practice makes man
perfect,” wasn’t a fool. Was he?

Writing is an act that refuses
to be efficient. In the act of writing, we make new discoveries and make
new connections. We become better with time and experience.

With more and more people turning down the act of writing, it seems like writing would soon become an extinct hobby. 



(Published in The Gulf Today on May 21, 2016)

Comments

Popular Posts